Emergency Numbers: Dial 112 for Police, Ambulance and Fire from any phone (free)
- Olhão GNR ( Police) Tel: 289 703 089
- Olhão PSP (Police): Tel: 289 710 770
- Olhão Bombeiros (Firefighters) Tel: 289 710 000
- Hospital de Olhão Tel: 289 702 055
- Faro Hospital Tel: 289 891 100
- Health Centre Tel: 289 700 260
- Cruz Vermelha Portuguesa (Red Cross) in Faro Tel: 289 899 900
- Olhão Taxis – ‘Praça de Taxis’ Tel: 289 702 725 / 289 702 300
- Olhão Pharmacies:
Pacheco, Rua Capitão João Carlos Medonça 24, 8700-375 Olhão. Tel: 289 702 225
Progresso, Rua Almirante Reis 26, 8700-364 Olhão. Tel: 289 703 131
Olhanense, Rua 18 de Junho 143, 8700-421 Olhão Tel: 289 703 114
Brito, Avenida da República 38, r/c, 8700-310 Olhão. Tel: 289 703 059
- Algarve Tourist Support Services Tel: 808 781 212
Note: Just remember, if you are calling from a foreign mobile phone in the Algarve, Portugal, you will need to dial 00351 in front of the numbers here.
Olhão Tourist Information Office
Posto de Turismo de Olhão
Largo Sabastião Martins Mestre 8-A
8700-349 Olhão, Portugal.
Tel. 351 289 713 936
- Pingo Doce – R. Manuel Tomé Viegas Vaz. Opening hours daily – winter: 8.30h to 20.30h; summer: 8.00h to 21.00h.
- Modelo – EN 125, Sitio do Belmonte. Opening hours daily : 9.00h to 22.00h (including Sundays and holidays).
- Pingo Doce – E.N. 125, Urbanização Patinha, Lote 1, Peares, Quelfes,Olhão
Opening hours daily (including Sundays and holidays): 9.00h to 21.00h; Summer: 8.30h to 22.00h.
- Lidl – Opening hours daily (including Sundays and holidays): 9.00h to 21.00h
- Intermarché – Lote 2, Quelfes, Olhão. Opening hours until 21.00 daily through the summer and November / December. Closes at 13.00 on Sundays and holidays the rest of the year.
- Aldi – E.N. 125, Horta João Ramos- Peares. Open daily 09.00 to 21.00
- Pão de Açucar in the Ria Shopping Mall is open from 09.00 to 23.00 from Monday to Saturday but closes at 13.00 on Sundays and holidays.
- SPAR – Rua Dr João Mendonça Cortês, Lote B
Ria Shopping Centre in Olhão
Ria Shopping in Olhão has plenty of free parking with 3 floors of shops and restaurants, a cinema, supermarket and children’s play area. It’s easy to get to (always a bonus!) – just follow the EN125 through the town and it is on the left if you are coming from the Faro side of town. There are lifts and escalators making access simple for everyone.
Opening hours of Ria Shopping
The shops are open 7 days a week from 10.00 to 23.00 except for July and August when they stay open until midnight – so no shortage of time to check out the shops! The supermarket (Pão de Açucar) is open from 09.00 to 23.00 every day and in July and August stays open until midnight.
Ground floor shops
MultiÓpticas (opticians), Mediapoint (papelaria), Lourdete (perfumes), Kodak Express, Page One (fashion), Carlos Santos (Hair products), Mister Mint (key cutting), BOX (electrical appliances), Pão de Açucar, TMN (phones), Vodafone, Retoucherie de Manuela (clothes alterations etc.)
Sport Zone, Loop (footwear), Bottega Verde (Natural Beauty), Vila Velha (home decor), Sun Planet (sunglasses), Worten mobile, Jezequel (men’s fashion), Nastra (women’s fashion), Ao Luar (fashion), Lune Bleu (accessories), Zippy Kidstore, Book it!, Lanidor Loft (fashion), Chá de Cores, Nakua (fashion), Forceva (shoes), Sapatalia (shoes), HTL (fashion).
Food Hall and Cinema
The top floor of Ria Shopping is devoted to the food hall, cinema (Algarcine) and a children’s play area. There are plenty of choices for food including Fukukuchi (Japonese), Happy House (Chinese), Mama Ines (Cuban and Traditional portuguese), O Gosto (International), Al Sultao (Egyptian), A Sopinha (Soups, Quiches, salads etc) Dom Franguito (Barbecued chicken), Porco na Brasa (grilled pork dishes), Burger Ranch, Cantinho do Pao (sandwich bar), Toasties Kiosk, Planet Ria (Ice-creams and tarts), and 3 cafes!
The current programme for the cinema (which shows the latest films in english) can be seen on the Ria Shopping website